What data does telemetry collect?
15 Oct 2019
MetaMe collects telemetry data to help us improve the product. Telemetry also helps us fix bugs and issues.
Telemetry is off by default.
What does telemetry collect?
Telemetry data is limited to the following:
- Unique id - A unique id is generated when MetaMe is installed. This id helps us track user retention.
- User interactions events - We capture instances when the user interacts with MetaMe. This includes:
- MetaMe window interactions: Focus, blur, minimize, restore and close actions
- MetaMe screen changes: Dashboard, settings pages
- MetaMe functionality: Categorizing applications, tooltips, notification interactions
- MetaMe control interactions: Button clicks, radio button clicks, etc
- MetaMe crashes and error reports
- MetaMe version
- Timestamp of the event
We do not store IP addresses.